In “Each Kindness”, award winning author Jacqueline Woodson and amazing illustrator E.B. Lewis have made a wonderful book about how treating people with kindness can help everyone. Maya is a new student and different from her other classmates with her hand-me-down clothes and old- fashioned toys. Maya wants to make friends with Chloe and her gang of friends, but they reject her. Their teacher gives a lesson on simple kindness and Chloe realizes the opportunity for friendship that was missed, and how much better it would have been if she had been kind.
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Mockingbird
- Picture Book Selection: Squirrels Leap, Squirrels Sleep
- Picture Book Selection: Nanette's Baguette
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Mayday
- Picture Book Selection: I Love Cake: Starring rabbit, porcupine and moose
- Picture Book Selection: We Found a Hat by Jon Klassen
- Teacher Recommendation: The U.S. Constitution: Discover How Democracy Works
- Teacher Recommendation: Ken Jennings' U.S. Presidents
- Picture Book Selection: Ghosts in the House!
- Still Life with Tornado by A.S. King