In “Each Kindness”, award winning author Jacqueline Woodson and amazing illustrator E.B. Lewis have made a wonderful book about how treating people with kindness can help everyone. Maya is a new student and different from her other classmates with her hand-me-down clothes and old- fashioned toys. Maya wants to make friends with Chloe and her gang of friends, but they reject her. Their teacher gives a lesson on simple kindness and Chloe realizes the opportunity for friendship that was missed, and how much better it would have been if she had been kind.
- Picture Book Selection: The Storm Whale
- Picture Book Selection: Everybunny Dance!
- Teacher Recommendation: Becoming Bach
- Sci-Fi for Teens: Unplugged by Donna Freitas
- Picture Book Selection: Chicken Story Time
- Humorous Teen Fiction: My Brilliant Idea (and how it caused my downfall)
- Sharing Our Global Community
- Picture Book Selection: I Will Love You Anyway
- The Reader by Traci Chee
- Juvenile Fiction Recommendation: Cleopatra in Space