- Picture Books Book Lists
- Butterfly Books Booklist.pdf
- Communities and Community Helpers Picture Books List.pdf
- Construction and Building Booklist.pdf
- Cowboys & Cowgirls Booklist.pdf
- Dinosaur Picture Books Booklist.pdf
- Dinosaur Picture Books List.pdf
- Fairies-Elves-Gnomes Booklist.pdf
- Families Picture Books Booklist.pdf
- Feelings Picture Books List.pdf
- Firefighter Picture Books Booklist.pdf
- First Day of School and Starting School Picture Booklist.pdf
- Five Senses Picture Books List.pdf
- Friends Picture booklist.pdf
- Funny Picture Books Booklist.pdf
- Manners and Behavior Booklist.pdf
- Monster Picture Booklist.pdf
- Multicultural Picture Book Subject List.pdf
- Native Americans Picture Book Booklist.pdf
- New Baby Picture Booklist.pdf
- Ocean Beach Seashore Booklist.pdf
- Pets Picture Book Booklist.pdf
- Princesses Picture Booklist.pdf
- Rhyming Text Picturebooks.pdf
- Robots Picture Books List.pdf
- Scary Stories or Being Scared Booklist.pdf
- Self Picture Booklist.pdf
- Sports Picturebook Booklist.pdf
- Transportation Picture Booklist.pdf
- Wordless Books Booklist.pdf
- Zoo Picture Books List.pdf
- Storytime Resources
- Africa Jungle summer 2011.pdf
- Bathtime Storytime 2010.pdf
- Birthday Storytime.pdf
- Days of the Week storytime.pdf
- Mud and Dirt April 2012.pdf
- Telephones 1-24-11.pdf
- The Moon.pdf
- We Love the Earth Storytime.pdf
- Wild Animals.pdf
- Wolves Storytime.pdf
We provide best selling audio and print books you can checkout and download to a wide range of devices.
Kids and Teens can find best selling audio and print books in two new collections: the TEENScollection and the KIDScollection. Try them, and don't forget that you can always go to the main collection for more.
Zinio Digital Newstand Platform offers you access to full digital copies of some of your favorite magazines. You can download and view these titles on your computer or mobile device. Learn more about using Zinio
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla you have access to thousands of titles in e-book, video, music, audiobook and comic book formats for streaming or temporary download. Check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla patrons now have access to thousands of titles in e-book, video, music, audiobook and comic book formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Schedule a 1-on-1 training with staff in our Media Services department. We can help you get started with UAPL's free eBooks and Magazines. Each session is up to one hour.
Booklists for Parents
Youth Guides & Pathfinders
Focused on a specific topic, our subject guides and pathfinders can help you discover the resources you need.
Downloads for You
Our downloadable guides range from new release lists to “how to” instructions designed to help you with our collection.
Parents @ UAPL Blog
Observing Penguins in Ohio: Citizen Scientist
How would you like to observe penguins without leaving your house?
Recently a friend broke her leg and had to stay in bed for four weeks. She confided she might go stir crazy as there were only so many books she could read and so many movies she could watch, especially during the day when everyone else was in school or working.
She found an outlet for her boredom and felt like she was making a difference when she discovered online citizen scientist activities. Citizen scientists are ordinary people volunteering to help with scientific projects.
For example, during the four weeks she was bedridden, my friend watched video in Africa and helped identify and classify animals in the wild. She tagged and marked records from WWI field diaries and helped monitor penguins!
My friend is better now but she still participates in her favorite projects. There are opportunities for individuals and families. If you’re interested in helping scientists all over the world without leaving home, start by checking out these websites.
The following books include stories or information about citizen scientist projects or people who made scientific discoveries.
Connect with Your Librarians
Join our Youth Department's Goodreads Group: connect with your librarians and other Goodreads Group members to discuss and share book recommendations.
Parents Online Resources
We all know being a parent is a hard job. There are many challenges for each age of your child. Here are some resources that will hopefully answer some of your questions. For additional homework help see the homework help link.
|CDC Family Health|
Great tips to help families be healthier, safer, and stronger.
|Facts for Families|
Read about emotional and behavioral issues affecting children, teenagers, and their families.
Practical guidance and specific age information on parenting.
|Hand in Hand Parenting|
Provides help and support to parents to nurture their connection with their children.
|Hoagies Gifted Resources|
The Hoagies website is “all things gifted” for parents, teachers, and kids of all ages.
|Internet Resources for Special Children|
Links to a wide variety of information on the needs of children with disabilities.
Browse articles on all aspects of children’s health for parents, kids, and health professionals.
Find games, activities, and information on Internet safety for kids, teens, and parents.
Community, articles, and stories offering parenting help in today’s world.
|Resources for Gifted Children|
View information and resources for teachers and parents of gifted children.