Taxes 2016

Taxes 2016

Erin's picture

Close up of a calculator sitting atop a 1040 and W-2 Tax Form

Tax season is once again upon us. The librarians at the Upper Arlington Public Library are happy to direct patrons to tax information and locate specific forms, but please note: Library employees cannot give out tax advice or answer specific tax questions.

Tax season officially kicked off Monday, January 23, 2017, when the IRS begins accepting individual electronic tax returns. The deadline to submit tax returns is Tuesday, April 18, 2017.

The Main (Tremont), Lane Road and Miller Park Libraries will receive a very limited number of the most-used tax forms for distribution to the public, which will be set out when they arrive. Library staff will be able to assist you in locating additional forms. UA Library patrons may also use the library's public computers to print tax forms and instructions at a cost of 10¢ per sheet.

Federal Taxes

The following are quick links to important information on the Internal Revenue Service's site (

Most Requested Forms

State Taxes

Most Request Forms

Local Taxes

Upper Arlington

  • City of Upper Arlington Tax Forms -  Upper Arlington, along with many other municipalities, has their residents file their city taxes using the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) form.
  • RITA eServices - File your Upper Arlington city taxes at no charge online by using RITA's MyAccount Taxpayer Portal.


  • Columbus Income Tax Division - Get the forms and information you need if you are required to file Columbus City income tax.
  • Columbus Tax Facts - Are you required to file a Columbus City Income Tax return? Find out here by answering three simple questions. (FYI: Upper Arlington and Columbus both have the same income tax rate of 2.5%)

Most Requested Forms

Tax Help

Tax Filing Assistance

  • AARP Foundation Tax Aide - Free, individualized tax return preparation help is available to anyone with low to moderate income, and is especially geared towards those 50 and older. They have many sites around Central Ohio, including the Upper Arlington Senior Center. Follow the link for information on locations and and hours.
  • Local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers -  For tax account issues that can't be resolved online or over the phone, TACs are a source for personalized help. (Note: TACs do not offer tax return preparation services.) You can also find out about Taxpayer Advocate Services by getting contact information from this link.
  • Local Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Providers - Find out more about this program, and use the locator tool to find a location near you that provides this service.

Related Resources

Click on any of the following subjects to see a list of books covering tax information available through the UA Library.