The Upper Arlington Public Library offers free limited Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community by appointment only. If you are seeking Notary Service call the Library at (614) 486-0900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of notary service:
- The Library does not charge a fee for Notary Public Services
- The requestor must provide the Notary with a valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver’s license, military ID or passport.
- The requestor must be able to communicate in English, in order to verify signing upon their own free will. The Library cannot accept translation services as a substitute.
- The Library provides only basic Notary Public Services. The Library is not able to notarize more than 3 documents per person per visit.
- Notary Publics cannot certify true copies of passports or drivers licenses.
- The Library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Notaries will not provide service if the requestor, document or circumstance of the request for Notary Public Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Notary Public may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Public Service.
Request an Appointment
Please note that we cannot guarantee an appointment at your preferred date/time.
Notary services will be unavailable between December 21, 2016 and January 9, 2017.