Information Technology Department
The Information Technology Department provides Internet access and a wide variety of software.
Wi-Fi access is available at all three of our Library locations. Most of our PCs offer Internet access plus word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Design and image-editing software packages are also available on select workstations.
All patrons using the Internet must adhere to UAPL's Internet Policy.
An Upper Arlington Public Library card is required to access our patron computers. PC Management software is installed on our patron PCs to allow for future PC reservations (same day only) and give waiting patrons quicker access to computers. Patrons are limited to five 60 minute sessions and can be used continuously as long as there are no waiting reservations.
Patrons are encouraged to use USB flash drives for personal data storage.
Black and white laser printing is available at all three locations for 10 cents per page. Color laser printing is available at all locations for 50 cents per page. All print jobs are paid upon release at a print station.
We offer a “print-from any device” service: to learn more about it, please visit print.ualibrary.org
- Main (Tremont) Library
- 37 Patron Desktop Computers
- 4 Apple iMacs
- 7 Patron Catalog Terminals (No Internet Access)
- 3 Youth Game PCs (No Internet Access)
- 1 Early Learning Station (No Internet Access)
- Lane Road Library
- 9 Patron Desktop Computers (one includes a flat-bed scanner for originals up to paper size A4 (8.27 ×11.69 inches))
- 3 Patron Catalog Terminals (No Internet Access)
- 1 Early Learning Stations (No Internet Access)
- Miller Park Library
- 5 Patron Desktop Computers (one includes a flat-bed scanner for originals up to paper size A4 (8.27 ×11.69 inches))
- 1 Patron Catalog Terminal (No Internet Access)
Patron PC Configuration
Hardware includes CD/DVD writer that supports CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+-RW, DVD+DL, DVD-RAM.
3 PCs and 4 iMacs at the Main Library are equipped with flat-bed scanners for originals up to paper size A4 (8.27 ×11.69 inches). Our Miller Park and Lane Road locations have each 1 PC with an attached scanner.
- Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome
- GIMP 2
- Google Picasa
- Google SketchUp
- Google Earth
- Apple iTunes
- Microsoft Paint, Notepad, Wordpad and Calculator
- Microsoft Office 2013 Professional: Word, Excel,Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote
- Open Office
- Apple Quicktime
- Windows DVD Maker
- VLC Media Player
- Scanner software with OCR
Apple iMac Configuration
Four iMacs are equipped with flat-bed scanners for originals up to paper size A4 (8.27 ×11.69 inches).
- OS X v 10.10 Yosemite including most recent versions of Safari & iTunes
- iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iBooks, Facetime, Calculator, Quicktime
- Pages (wordprocessing), Keynote (presentation), Numbers (spreadsheet)
- Garageband 10
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011: Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- On two of the iMacs - Adobe Creative Suite 5: Bridge, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Acrobat
- VLC Media Player
- Additional Browsers: Firefox and Google Chrome
- Adobe Reader