Offers multiple perspectives on a variety of topics related to the mind, including attention, emotion, learning, memory, perception, and more.
Looking for information on a state or country? Facts on File World Geography and Culture provides an overview of essential information that would be useful for any student or traveler.
Learn about the government, culture and history of a country or U.S. state, as well as symbols, flags, facts and figures. You can also compare and rank states and countries on population, energy consumption, or one of many other statistics, or you can use this resource to discover the ten largest cities, or the ten tallest waterfalls.
- Amtrak Home Page
- Expedia Travel
- Fare Report
- How far is it?
- Ohio History Connection
- Ohio State Parks
- Ohio Tourism & Recreation
- PARKNET: The National Park Service Place on the Web
- Priceline: Discounted Hotel & Flight Reservations
- Road Scholar
- U.S. State Department
- USA CityLink Project
Explores American tragedies, both natural and man-made, from the Salem Witch Trials to the present. Includes primary source documents
The Reference Department is pleased to announce that we have acquired several new electronic reference books! Catch up on current events and popular culture with American Decades and the St. James Encyclopedia. Get authoritative information on mental health issues in The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health, or research social attitudes with the award-winning Encyclopedia of Race and Racism. Create a New Year’s resolution with the help of The Gale Encyclopedia of Fitness. Check out the links below:
- American Decades Primary Sources, Vol. 11
- Encyclopedia of Race and Racism
- Gale Encyclopedia of Fitness
- Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
Presents scholarly and peer-reviewed information on sociology, including culture, social behavior, human tendencies, interaction, relationships, community development, and more.
- Administration for Community Living – Older Adults
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
- Franklin County Office on Aging
- LifeCare Alliance – Meals on Wheels, etc.
- National Council on Aging
- NIH Senior Health
- Nursing Home Compare
- Ohio Department of Aging
- Ohio Long-term Care Consumer Guide
- Upper Arlington 2014-2016 Resource Directory for Older Adults and Their Families
- Upper Arlington Senior Center