Borrowing a Kindle Title over Wi-Fi
- Go to www.ualibrary.org > Download an eBook
- Find a title that is available in the Kindle format or do an “Advanced Search” and choose “Kindle Book” from the format list
- Tap “Borrow”
- Tap “Download” and select the Kindle Book format unless already selected (Most titles are available in multiple formats.)
- Tap “Confirm & Download”
- Tap “Get Library Book” (You will need to sign into your Amazon account at this point if you are not already signed in.)
- Tap “Deliver to (Your device)” and tap “Continue” (Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on.)
The title will automatically transfer to your Kindle over Wi-Fi.
Transferring a title to the Kindle over USB
- First, follow steps 1-6 outlined above
- Proceed to then choose “Transfer Via Computer” from the drop down menu
- Select “Deliver to (Your name’s) Kindle”
- You may be prompted to Open or Save the file; choose Save and select a location that is easy to find again, such as the Desktop
- Once the file has been saved, connect your Kindle to your computer using the USB cable — when connected to your computer, your Kindle will go into USB drive mode and you won't be able to use the device as long as it is connected
- Your Kindle will appear in the same location as external USB drives usually appear (Windows: typically in the My Computer menu, Mac: on the Desktop)
- Open the Kindle drive: you will see several folders inside, one of which will be named “Documents”
- Locate your downloaded file, and drag and drop it into “Documents”
- Safely eject your Kindle from your computer and unplug the USB cable.
The file you transferred will now appear on your Kindle Home screen.
Returning Kindle titles early
Log into your Amazon account: Your Account > Manage your Content & Devices > Select “Actions” next to the title you want to return and select “Return Kindle Book”.
Overdrive App for Kindle Fire
Install the OverDrive App from the Amazon App store and open the app.
- If you already have an Adobe ID, enter it and tap “Authorize”, then tap the left arrow button
- If you do not have an Adobe ID you will need to tap “Get a free Adobe ID” and create the ID first
- When you are finished creating an Adobe ID, tap the Menu icon in the upper left hand corner
- Tap “+Add a Library”
- Enter your zip code and tap “Search”
- Select your library and tap the star next to “Digital Downloads” to save as a favorite. Tap the Menu icon
- Tap the Digital Downloads link under “My Libraries” to find eBooks
Your setup is completed. Follow the directions below to search for, and borrow a title.
Open the OverDrive app
- Tap the Menu button in the upper left hand corner, then tap the Digital Downloads link
- Tap inside of the search box, then type a title or author and touch
- When you find a book you would like to checkout, tap “Borrow” on the right side
- Tap “Download” and choose your format (EPUB for eBooks. mp3 for audiobooks)
- Tap “Confirm & Download”
- Tap the menu button in the upper left hand corner to get back to your bookshelf
- Tap the book cover to start reading
Returning a title early
- Open Overdrive App and go to your bookshelf
- Long-press on the title you want to return and select “Return”