This is a guest blog entry from Eileen Jeffrey. Eileen interned for Youth Services at Tremont during summer reading 2014. Here she suggests easy Halloween costume ideas that are also inexpensive and fun.
Fall is finally here! With the new season comes cooler weather, pretty scenery,
and…Halloween! Before we know it, candy will be stocking the shelves of every store and kids
everywhere will be wondering the most important question: “What will I be for Halloween?”
Here are some fun and easy
DIY Halloween costumes that anyone can try!
- Get a white and red checkered tablecloth and cut a hole in the center for the head. Wear
this like a cape.
- Cut white yarn into long strands and glue them to a paper plate.
- Paint Styrofoam balls brown and glue them to the same plate as meatballs.
- Glue the plate to the front of the tablecloth.
- For the hat, use a pot with a handle. If needed, tie around head with string to keep in
- Wear either an all white outfit or an all blue outfit.
- Blow up many white or blue balloons to a small size.
- Safety pin these balloons to your clothing or tape them using strong, clear tape.
- For hair accessories, you can attach colorful bath poufs to a headband. You could also
attach rubber ducks to the headband as well.
& Thing 2
This costume is perfect if you are going trick or treating with a sibling or with a friend.
- Wear an all red outfit.
- Cut a piece of white paper into a circle and write either Thing 1 or Thing 2 on it.
- Glue or tape this circle onto your red shirt.
- While the hair isn’t necessary for this costume, wigs can be bought at costume stores to
make you look more like Things 1
These costumes are easy, inexpensive, and quick, so if you’re stuck on what to wear, give
these costumes a try. Have a happy Halloween!