Our traditional Summer Reading Club is getting an extreme makeover! Here are the details:
Summer Library Club begins earlier than in years past; it will begin on May 26th.
In addition to the literacy focus, we have added experiential learning “activities” to explore. Participants can choose from 60 activities; activities can be found on the Summer Library Club website, www.summerlibraryclub.org. There is also a shorter list on the back of the reading log, which will be available on the website and can also be picked up here at the library.
Summer Library Club is for all ages! The program works the same for all ages:
- Simply sign up either online at www.summerlibraryclub.org, or in person at any UA library.
- Log reading hours on your Summer Library Club account online, or in person at any UA library.
- After reading 10 hours and completing 10 activities, you have earned your first prize: a stack of great coupons. (Examples of some coupons: $8 off library fines! Free Chipotle meal for teens or kids! And more…)
- After reading a total of 20 hours and completing a total of 20 activities, you have completed Summer Library Club; you can grab your final prize at any UA library (a free book! We will have a variety of favorite titles, for all ages). You are also automatically entered into the Grand Prize Drawing for your age group.
- Summer Library Club ends on Aug 2nd. All hours must be logged by 5 pm on Aug. 2nd to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
Grand Prizes (winners will be notified by phone on Aug. 3rd):
- Baby/toddler: Basket of books and age-appropriate toys
- Preschooler: Basket of books and age-appropriate toys
- Elementary (Gr K-5): 4 tickets to Marvel Universe Live! And a Marvel Book.
- Teen (Gr 6-12): 2 weekend passes to Comic-Con.
- Adult: A bundle of gift cards/gift certificates for Jeni's, Moretti's of Arlington, Ohio State Parks, and Cameron Mitchell.
It's going to be a great summer! See ya soon!