As the weather becomes frigid the kids may be itching for new activities to explore. Why not bring out that sewing machine that has been collecting dust and put it to work with a great new sewing project? It’s a great activity to work on together and it might just spark a lifelong interest. The Youth Department has a great collection of sewing books waiting to be discovered. Here are a few book suggestions to start you on a new sewing adventure.
- Sewing Basics: All You Need to Know to Begin Sewing Clothes and Home Furnishings by Wendy Gardiner
- Sewing with Felt: Learn Basic Stitches to Create More than 60 Colorful Projects by Buff McAllister
- Customize Your Clothes (Be Creative) by Anna Claybourne
- Made by Me: a Book of Lovely Things to Make by Jane Bull
- We Love to Sew: 28 Pretty Things to Make: Jewelry, Headbands, Softies, T-shirts, Pillows, Bags & More by Annabel Wrigley
- Simple Sewing (Klutz) by The editors of Klutz