Trent is about to start middle school and is looking for a fresh start. Less than a year ago there was an accident at Cedar Lake when a hockey puck Trent hits causes the death of another boy. Filled with guilt and sure everyone else hates him, Trent starts to really mess things up by making everyone around him angry with him, which is what he believes he deserves. Afraid to play sports again and in a place where his fears turn to rage, Trent is drowning in his thoughts. Tensions grow at home and in school when he refuses to participate in class and gym, and he stops wanting to visit his father and step-mother who have just started a family of their own. Then comes Fallon Little, fellow sixth-grader with a mysterious scar across one side of her face. Fallon has always been on the outside socially and Trent finds himself slowly becoming friends with this strange girl. When an event seems like it will come between him and Fallon forever, Trent has to make the choice to change and to learn to control his anger and maybe even get his fresh start. (Grades 4-8 School Library Journal)
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Courage for Beginners by Karen Harrington
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: The Misadventures of the Family Fletcher by Dana Alison Levy
- Picture Book Selection: I Have a Dream
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: The Princess in Black by Shannon Hale
- Picture Book Selection: Splash, Anna Hibiscus!
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Dory and the Real True Friend by Abby Hanlon
- A Snicker of Magic
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Masterminds by Gordon Korman
- Picture Book Selection: Ninja Red Riding Hood
- Picture Book Selection: Julia's House for Lost Creatures
- Picture Book Selection: Kitchen Dance!
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Audrey (cow)
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: The Chicken Squad:The First Misadventure by Doreen Cronin