We provide best selling audio and print books you can checkout and download to a wide range of devices.
Kids and Teens can find best selling audio and print books in two new collections: the TEENScollection and the KIDScollection. Try them, and don't forget that you can always go to the main collection for more.
*Important service announcement (02-04-16): iOS Overdrive App Bug Causes Trouble.
Zinio Digital Newstand Platform offers you access to full digital copies of some of your favorite magazines. You can download and view these titles on your computer or mobile device. Learn more about using Zinio
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla you have access to thousands of titles in e-book, video, music, audiobook and comic book formats for streaming or temporary download. Check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla patrons now have access to thousands of titles in e-book, video, music, audiobook and comic book formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Booklists and Booktalks for Teachers
Youth Guides & Pathfinders
Focused on a specific topic, our subject guides and pathfinders can help you discover the resources you need.
Connect with Your Librarians
Join our Youth Department's Goodreads Group: connect with your librarians and other Goodreads Group members to discuss and share book recommendations.
Teachers @ UAPL Blog
We are looking forward to all of the benefits of joining the CLC (Central Library Consortium) in a few weeks, and I know you will be as well! What will this mean for teachers? Check it out:
- Much improved catalog! Many of our teachers have raised concerns over the years regarding our current catalog's lack of functionality when searching for materials. The catalog you will be using beginning in April will deserve an “A+”! Improved functions include automatic search suggestions, Novelist integration for item searches (Novelist provides Lexile scores for most print materials), and a more intuitive interface. You will be able to keep track of your search and borrowing history, and be notified when items of interest are added to the catalog.
- Access to more than 4 million items! Many of our teachers are looking for multiple copies of one title in order to share amongst many students. While we do have many duplicates of more popular items here at UAPL, such as Newbery winners, you will have access to many more duplicate items once we join CLC in April. Also, since you will have access to items carried at other CLC libraries, you will be able to reserve must-have items that we don't carry here at UAPL.
Important things teachers need to know:
- During our transition to CLC we will not be able to put together any Teacher Collections. We apologize for this inconvenience. We recommend that you prepare any unit needs now and request your Teacher Collections for completion before April 3rd. Teacher Collections cannot be completed between April 4th and April 9th. This means that Teacher Collections cannot be requested between 3/28 and April 10th, since they require 5 days to compile.
- Access to our catalog will be unavailable from 9 pm on April 3rd until 10 am on April 9th, so be sure to request items ahead of time to ensure you have what you need.
- We will be open during this transition time, so if you find that you need items while the catalog is unavailable, we encourage you to come on in and our staff will help you find items to satisfy your unit needs.
- One last but very important thing, you must bring your physical Teacher card in during these days if you want to check out any items. Be sure to come in before this time to replace any lost cards.