If you need someone to walk you through setting up your device to use the library's eBooks, our Media Services librarians are here to help. Book a one-hour session using our online calendar, or stop by the Media Services desk to schedule an appointment. You'll be rocking your Kindle, Nook, iPad or other gadget in no time!
When it comes to baked goods, I am luckier than most. My wife loves to bake and the top of our upright piano usually has at least three varieties of cookies on it. This increases during the holidays, when she is baking more to take to parties and share with friends and family. I like to say it's a good thing we have the piano.
If you are looking for some inspiration for your holiday cookie swap or a new treat to share, check out these eBooks.
Teen literature is full of great Halloween themed eBooks. Zombies, and Vampires and Paranormal Romance. Oh, yeah. And if you want to read more, all of these titles are part of a series (of course).
- Possession is the age-old story of starting at a new school and dealing with a clique of demon-possessed girls.
- In the Abused Werewolf Rescue Group, Toby wakes up in the hospital and learns that he is a werewolf. Later, he meets up with characters from Catherine Jinks' previous book, The Reformed Vampire Support Group.
- In Turned, Caitlin moves to New York and finds herself in the middle of a vampire war.
It's now officially summer, even if it has felt that way for a little while. The Fourth of July is just around the corner and I've now seen three lemonade stands.
To celebrate, here are three books set in the good old summertime.
- Summer of Beer and Whiskey tells how the owner of a beer garden and a group of saloon keepers founded the American League.
- In Hitchhiking with Larry David, the author's chance encounter with Larry David (Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm) while hitchhiking on Martha's Vineyard helps him deal with a painful break-up.
- One Crazy Summer is the story of the Delphine and her two sisters, who visit their mother in California during the hot and crazy summer of 1968.
The Upper Arlington Public Library offers electronic content available for download by using a valid library card.
There are thousands of book titles available in audio, EPUB and Kindle formats on our Digital Download site. In addition a limited number of music and movie titles are also available through this site.
UAPL also offers free music for download through Freegal. Freegal provides access to the complete catalog of Sony music and our patrons can download two songs per week with their library card.
Creating the “new you,” is always a popular topic in the new year. Many of us will be trying to do away with old habits we wish we didn't have or develop new habits we wish we did. But how do you drop a habit or pick up a new one? Check out one of these books for insight into improving yourself by changing your habits.
What's better than a pile of Halloween candy? A list of Halloween eBooks, of course. Check out these silly and scary reads for the younger set.
- Vulgar the Viking and the Spooky School Trip - Vulgar thinks that his first field trip is going to be fun. But then he discovers that the woods are full of evil trolls, and he starts to get scared.
- Switched - Olivia and Ivy find out that they are identical twin, except for one small difference. Ivy is a vampire.
- The Zombie Chasers - Zombie's just crashed Zach's slumber party. This is either going to be the best slumber party ever, or the worst.
We add new eBooks to our collection every month, but recently, we've been able to add titles that we couldn't before.
In April, Harper Lee announced that her classic novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, will be available in eBook for the first time. You can place a request now, the book will be release on July 8th, Ms. Lee's 88th birthday.
Just last week, publisher Simon & Schuster announced they would make their entire eBook catalog available to public libraries. This adds authors like Stephen King, Janet Evanovich and David McCullough to our eBook collection. You can view more titles by using the Advanced Search to browse books published by Simon and Schuster, or their imprints, like Scribner.
Digital Downloads Introduction
NEW - We recently added titles that only UAPL patrons can access. To see these and other titles, you will be prompted to sign in before you begin looking for eBooks. Please update your bookmarks to reflect this change. Access our exclusive ebooks offer.
|Digital Downloads Offers||Digital Downloads Requires|
You may have to download and install free software for your Mac or Windows computer to access eBooks, eMusic and eFilms. See the Compatible Device List for details.
Software Resources for our Digital Download Service
You may have to download and install free software for your Mac or Windows computer to access eBooks, eMusic and eFilms.
Digital Downloads requires
- OverDrive Media Console ( Download Page)
- Adobe Digital Editions ( Installation Page)
Mobipocket Reader Desktop(no longer unsupported)
- Apple iTunes / Quicktime ( Download Page)
Please go to http:// www.overdrive.com/software/omc/ if you would like to download the mobile version of Media Console.
Help and Video Tutorials
The dark months of January and February just so happen to have some big televised events. With the Super Bowl and the Academy Awards on the horizon, it's a good time to talk about snacks. Because the Super Bowl isn't just about expensive commercials, it's about what you'll be snacking while you watch them. Even if you don't plan to watch the game or the Oscars, making your own snacks can be healthier and cheaper than buying them.
Check out these three books for recipes to create tasty treats for any occasion.