This is a great time of year to learn about the music, entertainment, history and food of other cultures (or time periods) at the many festivals happening around Central Ohio! Here is a list of upcoming events:
- India Festival - Celebrate the diversity of Asian Indian Culture with dancing, music, shopping and food on Saturday August 16 from 10 am to 10 pm at the Ohio Expo Center.
- Greek Festival - Experience the heritage and culture of Greece at the 41st annual Greek Festival during the Labor Day weekend. Enjoy the shops, music, dancing, and traditional Greek cuisine August 29 through September 1 at The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in the Short North.
- Oktoberfest - You have three days to get your fill of German cuisine and entertainment, from September 26 through 28 at the Ohio Expo Center and State Fairgrounds.
- Italian Festival - From October 10 through 12 you have the chance to check out some bocce ball, dance to Italian music, and, more importantly, eat plenty of Italian food! It all happens in the Italian Village, on the streets near the St. John the Baptist Italian Catholic Church.
- Renaissance Festival - Go back in time to a 16th century English village and enjoy jousts, man-powered rides, jugglers and giant turkey legs at the Ohio Renaissance Festival, happening every weekend from August 30 through October 19 in Harveysburg, Ohio.
- International Festival - One of the last festivals of the year will feature the art, crafts, entertainment and food of over 75 different cultures. Don’t miss it, November 8 and 9 at the Ohio Expo Center.