Construction season is upon us! Upper Arlington has several projects that have already started, and more scheduled to start in the near future, including improvements to a certain parking lot, about which Main Library staff and patrons should be very excited!
Below you will find information about the projects slated for the summer that are most relevant to UA residents.
Northam Park Parking Lot Reconstruction
This lot, which also serves the Main Branch of the UA Library as well as Tremont Elementary and the Tremont Pool, will be rebuilt for the first time in almost three decades. Construction is expected to start after UA schools let out for summer vacation.
Columbia Gas of Ohio Pipeline Project
Columbia Gas of Ohio is working on a major project over 25 years to replace portions of their pipeline system in communities all across Ohio. This summer, there are two areas in Upper Arlington that will have affected streets: one section is north of Lane, just south of the Main Library and Northam Park; the other section is south of Lane around the Miller Park Branch Library. Check out the links below for more details about why this is happening, what is involved, and what street sections it will impact.
- Columbia Gas of Ohio Pipeline Improvement Information - Read about what will be happening all over Ohio and why.
- Information about the Pipeline Project from the City of Upper Arlington - Get more details about where this construction will be happening locally.
- Information for Residents of Westmont/Northam Area of Project (North of Lane) | FAQs (includes map)
- Information for Residents of Edgemont/Devon Area of Project (South of Lane) | FAQs (includes map)
The year 2014 will be busy for road construction in Upper Arlington. The following projects have already started:
- Donna Drive/Elmwood Avenue Waterline Replacement Project - This project includes reconstruction of Elmwood Avenue.
- Waltham Road Waterline Installation and Road Construction Project - Includes construction of a roundabout at the Waltham, North Star and Kinnear intersection.
- Berkshire Road Waterline Replacement and Roadway Reconstruction Project - This two-phase project should be mostly completed by the end of the year.
There are also plans for repair, reconstruction and maintenance of many more of the City's streets. Get more details and a complete list of projects by clicking here.
For information about road construction happening throughout Central Ohio, check out the useful links below:
- Paving the Way - The City of Columbus provides this useful site with an interactive map of construction points, as well as a comprehensive list of projects, large and small, and their level of impact on traffic.
- OHGO Columbus - Plan your commute with up-to-date information on road conditions, traffic, construction, and other activity affecting roadways.
- Ohio Department of Transporation - District 6 - ODOT provides detailed information about projects happening in Franklin and surrounding counties.
City of Upper Arlington Updates
Stay informed about construction information and anything else happening around UA with these sites.