It seems like summer just started, but it’s already time to go back to school. UA City Schools started back on Wednesday, August 20. Here are some resources to keep handy to ease the transition.
- Upper Arlington City Schools – Choose your school to get important information like lunch menus, bus schedules, teacher contact information and much more. Connect with them on Facebook and/or Twitter to stay up to date with what’s happening all year round.
- For those with children attending private schools in UA, here are the links for you: The Wellington School; St. Andrew School; St. Agatha; St. Timothy.
- Norwester at the UA Archives – Find friends or relatives who are UAHS alumni! Or just explore different decades to see how UA students have changed through time. The Norwester yearbooks are available online for the years 1923-2000.
- Homework Resources for Kids – Bookmark this page, and have your library card and PIN handy to access trustworthy online resources provided by UAPL that can be useful for elementary students studying and doing homework throughout the school year, any time of day.
- ConsumerReports.org - For older students and those going off to college, it may be time to invest in new electronics or small appliances (like laptops or coffee makers) for the home or dorm room. Access this online resource with your UAPL card number and PIN to read product reviews and buying guides on a variety of products.
- Back-to-School Safety - The National Safety Council provides this page so you will know how to keep your kids safe before, during and after the school day.
- High School Research Help - Check out our fantastic selection of research databases and e-books, available online 24/7 with your library card. Also, when your Learning Center isn't available in the evening or on weekends, don't forget that your library is here to help! Stop by, call (614-486-3342), email ( firstname.lastname@example.org), or even text (send UAPLREF followed by your question to 66746) during UAPL's open hours for homework and research questions.
Have a great year!