It's tax season, and the UAPL is here to make it as smooth as possible for everyone. While library staff cannot give out tax advice or answer specific tax questions, we are happy to direct patrons to tax information.
The Main (Tremont), Lane Road and Miller Park Libraries receive a limited number of the most-used tax forms for distribution to the public, which will be set out when they arrive. Library staff will be able to assist you in locating additional forms. UAPL patrons may also use the library's public computers to print tax forms and instructions at a cost of 10¢ per sheet.
The following are quick links to important information on the Internal Revenue Service's site ( www.irs.gov)
- IRS Forms and Publications - P rint out your federal tax forms by following the link. (Note: Certain forms cannot be downloaded from this site for tax filing, such as 1099, W-2, 5498 and a few others. To obtain these forms, you can order them directly from the IRS online, or call them at 1-800-829-3676.)
- Free File - Everyone is eligible to efile their federal income taxes at no charge, either by using brand-name software or online forms.
- Where to File your federal individual tax returns (Ohio)
- Where's My Refund? - Most people eligible for a refund get it within 21 days, and sometimes faster by efiling.
- Publication 17 - This booklet covers general rules about your federal income tax return.
Most Requested Forms
- 1040 Form | Instructions
- 1040 (Schedule A) Form | Instructions
- 1040 (Schedule B) Form (Instructions included)
- 1040 (Schedule D) Form | Instructions
- 1040-V Payment Voucher Form (Instructions included)
- 4868 Form (Instructions included)
- Ohio Department of Taxation - Get the forms and information you need to file your Ohio income taxes.
- Ohio Income Tax Online Services - File your Ohio income taxes online securely and free of charge.
- Federation of Tax Administrators - Did you live in a state other than Ohio for all or part of the year? Click on any state to be directed to their official taxation website.
Most Requested Forms
- City of Upper Arlington Tax Forms - Upper Arlington, along with many other municipalities, has their residents file their city taxes using the Regional Income Tax Agency ( RITA) form.
- RITA eServices - File your Upper Arlington city taxes at no charge online by using RITA's MyAccount Taxpayer Portal.
- Columbus Income Tax Division - Get the forms and information you need if you are required to file Columbus City income tax. (Note: Electronic filing is not yet available to individual taxpayers.)
- Columbus Tax Facts - Are you required to file a Columbus City Income Tax return? Find out here by answering three simple questions.
Most Requested Forms
- RITA 37 Form | Instructions
- RITA 37B Form | Instructions
- Columbus IR-25 Annual City Tax Return Form | Instructions
Tax Filing Assistance
- AARP Tax Help Centers - Find the closest locations for free, individualized tax preparation for low-to-moderate-income taxpayers - especially those 60 and older - by entering your address.
- Local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers - Get IRS tax help face to face at a local office, or find out about Taxpayer Advocate Services by getting contact information from this link.
- Local Volunteer Income Tax Assistance ( VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly ( TCE) Providers - Taxpayers who qualify can get free tax help and preparation from these local offices.
- Ohio Benefit Bank Tax Filing - Qualifying Ohioans can get free tax filing assistance, either online or at a Benefits Bank location. Start with this link for more information.
- Tax-Filing software reviews - Wondering which software to go with when filing online? Reviews.com offers these free comparisons of 19 different programs based on the features that matter most to taxpayers.
These current titles are always available for use in the Reference Department of the Main (Tremont) Library.
- J.K. Lasser’s Your Income Tax
- The Ernst & Young Tax Guide
- All States Tax Handbook
- RIA Federal Tax Handbook
- 1040 Express Answers: Income Tax Compliance and Planning
For more books about taxes, try these subject searches in UAPL's catalog: