As part of our mission to encourage lifelong learning, the library offers free test proctoring to students when possible. This service is available through the Reference Department of the Main (Tremont) Library. The decision on whether or not to proctor any exam is at the library’s discretion.
The student is responsible for:
- Making an appointment with a librarian, and being prompt. Students needing to postpone must let the librarian know as far in advance as possible.
- Making sure the exam information has been received by the library from the school before the scheduled appointment.
- Bringing in a form of picture ID.
- Bringing in any special items they may need for the exam, such as calculator or graph paper.
- Ensuring that the school approves of the exam taking place in a busy reference department; the library cannot guarantee a completely quiet environment.
The library is able to fax, scan and email, or mail completed exams. If the exam is to be mailed, the school must supply an addressed envelope with return postage. We do not accept stamps or envelopes from students.
The library does not proctor:
- Exams for corporations or profit-making agencies.
- Exams for company or professional certifications.
- Any placement exams, such as Accuplacer or Wonderlic.
- Tests that require very close monitoring, or are divided into frequently timed sections.
The library reserves the right to refuse or decline proctoring services for any reason.
When the use of a library computer is required, the student and school should be aware of the following:
- The library cannot guarantee the availability of a computer to take an exam at a given time.
- Library computers tend to be less busy on Monday through Friday mornings between 10 am and 12 noon; students are encouraged to schedule their exams during those times. Sundays tend to be the busiest day for the library computers.
- Students must obtain an Upper Arlington Public Library borrower’s card in order to use the library’s computers. There is no charge for a new card.
- The library cannot change the settings on its computers to accommodate exams.
- Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own laptop, if the school or institution approves.
- All exams must be finished thirty minutes prior to the library’s closing.
To set up a proctored test or for any questions, contact the Reference Department at 614-486-3342 or email us at email@example.com.
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 10 AM-9 PM; Fri. 10 AM-6 PM; Sat. 10 AM-5 PM; Sun.1 PM-5 PM