The Fall 2014 Program Guide is out. Available for download right here or for pickup at your library.
Healthy UA - Spiritual Wellness
Blekko Slashtags contain a list of websites - picked by our reference librarians - and when you search with a slashtag, you only search those sites.
All Available Subject Guides
Spiritual wellness focuses on the ability to actively seek meaning and purpose in life. Spiritual wellness involves taking purposeful actions to better understand your beliefs and values and making a commitment to living a life that is well aligned with those values and beliefs. This guide will help you find resources on a variety of topics related to spiritual wellness including being open to different cultures and religions, spending time alone or in personal reflection, yoga, meditation and mindfulness.
The following are part of the Upper Arlington Public Library's premium resources. Unless you are in one of our library locations, you will need your library card number and PIN in order to access them. Please note: Links to our databases open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Alt Health Watch
Provides access to many perspectives on complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness, including peer-reviewed articles.
Religion & Philosophy Collection
Covers religion and philosophy, including world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, epistemology, moral philosophy, the history of philosophy, and more.
Gale Virtual Reference Library: eBooks on Spiritual Wellness
Includes full online access to the following titles (click on the titles to access):
These materials are available for use in the Reference Department of the Main Library. Click on the links for more location information.
- Atlas of the World's Religions
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Western Philosophy
- The Encyclopedia of Eastern Philosophy and Religion : Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Encyclopedia of Religion in America
- The Handy Religion Answer Book
- Melton's Encyclopedia of American Religions
- The New Encyclopedia of Unbelief
- The Oxford Dictionary of World Religions
- Religions of the World : a Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices
The following are several spiritual and religion-related titles that are available at the Upper Arlington Public Library. Click on the links to find and request certain issues from the library's catalog.
These recommended websites are chosen as reliable sources for information related to Spiritual Wellness.
- BBC: Religions
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Mary NurrieStearns and Rick NurrieStearns
Robert D. Putnam and David E. Campbell
Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein