The Spring 2015 Program Guide is out. Available for download right here or for pickup at your library.
Healthy UA - Nutritional Wellness
All Available Subject Guides
Nutritional wellness focuses on improving health through incorporating a balanced diet into your daily life. This guide will help you find resources on a variety of topics related to nutritional wellness including eating properly, understanding package labeling and ingredient lists, food safety, managing eating disorders and addressing special dietary concerns.
The following are part of the Upper Arlington Public Library's premium resources. Unless you are in one of our library locations, you will need your library card number and PIN in order to access them. Please note: Links to our databases open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Alt Health Watch
Provides access to many perspectives on complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness, including peer-reviewed articles.
Consumer Health Complete
Provides health information to consumers, including topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, fitness, nutrition, drug information, and more.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Covers nursing and allied health, with medication information written for consumers.
Provides authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. MEDLINE is a creation of the National Library of Medicine.
Gale Virtual Reference Library: eBooks on Nutritional Wellness
Includes full online access to the following titles (click on the titles to access):
These materials are available for use in the Reference Department of the Main Library. Click on the links for more location information.
- Bowes & Church’s Food Values of Portions Commonly Used
- Dictionary of Food Ingredients
- Eating Disorders: an Encyclopedia of Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
- Food Alert! the Ultimate Sourcebook for Food Safety
- On Food and Cooking: the Science and Lore of the Kitchen
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America
- Vitamins and Minerals
Some current issues of the following magazine and journal titles are available for checking out, while in some cases older issues may be accessed at the Main Library's Reference Department.
Food and Cooking Magazines
- Bon Appetit
- Cooking Light
- Cook's Illustrated
- Cuisine at Home
- Diabetes Forecast
- Every Day with Rachel Ray
- Food Network Magazine
- Vegetarian Times
- Weight Watchers
These recommended websites are chosen as reliable sources for information related to Nutritional Wellness.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - It’s About Eating Right
- FamilyDoctor.org - Food and Nutrition
- FDA - Ingredients, Packaging & Labelling
- MedlinePlus - Diets
- MedlinePlus - Nutrition for Seniors
- MedlinePlus - Pregnancy and Nutrition
- USDA ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Giant Eagle Health Programs
- Huffman’s Market
- Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Whole Foods Events
- Yotam Ottolenghi
- Deborah Madison
- Joseph P. Napora
- Alan Buckingham
- Portia De Rossi