The Summer 2015 Program Guide is out. Available for download right here or for pickup at your library.
Healthy UA - Environmental Wellness
All Available Subject Guides
The following are part of the Upper Arlington Public Library's premium resources. Unless you are in one of our library locations, you will need your library card number and PIN in order to access them. Please note: Links to our databases open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Provides scientific coverage and reference information for many fields, including botany, zoology, and environmental science.
Gale Science in Context
Provides authoritative reference information on scientific fields such as biology, earth and environmental sciences, and more.
National Geographic Kids
Explores science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space through the publications of National Geographic Kids.
National Geographic Virtual Library
Features every issue of National Geographic Magazine from 1888 to present, including additional content from National Geographic such as maps, videos, images and books.
Gale Virtual Reference Library: eBooks on Environmental Wellness
Includes full online access to the following titles (click on the titles to access):
These materials are available for use in the Reference Department of the Main Library. Click on the links for more location information.
- Carbon Footprint Assessment for City of Upper Arlington, Ohio
- Encyclopedia of Environment and Society
- The Environment a Revolution in Attitudes
- Environmental Issues in American History a Reference Guide with Primary Documents
- Northeast and Midwest United States an Environmental History
- The Ohio Nature Almanac an Encyclopedia of Indispensable Information about the Natural Buckeye Universe
- Wild Ohio the Best of Our Natural Heritage
Some current issues of the following magazine and journal titles are available for checking out, while in some cases older issues may be accessed at the Main Library's Reference Department. Follow the links to the catalog or see a librarian for more information. These are some of the titles UAPL subscribes to related to environmental wellness.
These recommended websites are chosen as reliable sources for information related to Environmental Wellness.
- Ohio EPA
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- US National Park Service
- World Wildlife Fund
- Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
- Friends of Upper Arlington Parks
- Metro Parks
- UA Farmers’ Market
- UA Parks and Recreation
- UA Refuse and Recycling
- Mark R. Tercek and Jonathan S. Adams
- Rachel Carson
- Kim Heacox
- Richard B. Alley