The Summer 2015 Program Guide is out. Available for download right here or for pickup at your library.
Healthy UA - Emotional Wellness
All Available Subject Guides
Emotional wellness focuses on the ability to identify, share and manage feelings. Emotional wellness is highlighted by the ability to have a positive and enthusiastic approach to life and its ongoing challenges as well as its rewards. This guide will help you find resources on a variety of topics related to emotional wellness including managing stress, maintaining a positive mental attitude, paying attention to your own feelings, being sensitive to the feelings of others, bullying and peer pressure, and behavioral health topics.
The following are part of the Upper Arlington Public Library's premium resources. Unless you are in one of our library locations, you will need your library card number and PIN in order to access them. Please note: Links to our databases open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Alt Health Watch
Provides access to many perspectives on complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness, including peer-reviewed articles.
Consumer Health Complete
Provides health information to consumers, including topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, fitness, nutrition, drug information, and more.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Covers nursing and allied health, with medication information written for consumers.
Provides authoritative information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. MEDLINE is a creation of the National Library of Medicine.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
Contains information on psychology, including emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
Gale Virtual Reference Library: eBooks on Emotional Wellness
Includes full online access to the following titles (click on the titles to access):
These materials are available for use in the Reference Department of the Main Library. Click on the links for more location information.
- Encyclopedia of Addictions and Addictive Behaviors
- Encyclopedia of Depression
- Encyclopedia of Human Emotions
- Encyclopedia of Mental Health
- Encyclopedia of Suicide
- Magill's Encyclopedia of Social Science: Psychology
- Stress-Related Disorders Sourcebook
- Treating and Preventing Adolescent Mental Health Disorders
These recommended websites are chosen as reliable sources for information related to Emotional Wellness.
- American Psychological Association - Emotional Health
- American Psychological Association - Health and Emotional Wellness
- Everyday Health - Longevity - Emotional Wellness
- FamilyDoctor.org - Mental Health: Keeping Your Emotional Health
- HealthFinder.gov - Talk with Your Doctor about Depression
- MedlinePlus - Stress
- MentalHealth.gov - Let’s talk about it
- Office of Adolescent Health - Positive Mental Health
- PsychCentral - What is Good Mental Health?
- Start Talking
- Womenshealth.gov - Mental Health
- Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Dan Savage and Terry Miller
- Lee Hirsch and Cynthia Lowen
- Deborah Ellis
- Stephanie Sammartino McPherson
- Brett Blumenthal
- Norman Vincent Peale
- Ilyana Romanovsky