The Winter 2014-15 Program Guide is out. Available for download right here or for pickup at your library.
Blekko Slashtags contain a list of websites - picked by our reference librarians - and when you search with a slashtag, you only search those sites.
All Available Subject Guides
Whether it's making a big purchase, planning to relocate your family, trying to make those major house or car repairs on your own, or just getting control of your finances, it's important to know where to look for information. These Consumer Education resources can help you get started.
The following are part of the Upper Arlington Public Library's premium resources. Unless you are in one of our library locations, you will need your library card number in order to access them. Please note: Links to our databases open in a new window or tab in your browser.
Gale Virtual Reference Library - Consumer Information
Includes full online access to the following titles:
- America's Top-Rated Cities
- America's Top-Rated Smaller Cities
- The Comparative Guide to American Suburbs
Provides full access to the Consumer Reports website for product ratings and buying advice, plus exclusive online content such as new product evaluations, consumer reviews and much more.
Chilton Auto Repair Manuals
Provides detailed repair information, photographs, diagrams, and maintenance tables for cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
The following databases include distinct “how-to” guides for projects like car repair, home improvement, and much more.
These sources are located in the Reference Room of the Tremont Branch of UAPL, and are for use in the library only.
Some current issues of the following magazine and journal titles are available for checking out, while in some cases older issues may be accessed at the Main Library's Reference Department. Follow the links to the catalog or see a librarian for more information:
These recommended websites are chosen by a Reference Librarian as reliable sources of information for consumers:
- AARP WebPage
- BankRate Monitor - Home
- Better Business Bureau Web Server
- Charity Navigator
- CNET.com - Welcome to CNET!
- Consumer Information Center - Pueblo, CO
- Consumer Search
- Consumer World
- Edmund's Automobile Buyer's Guides
- Federal Trade Commission Home Page
- Food and Drug Administration
- Fuel Economy
- Instant Insurance Quotes
- Kelley Blue Book
- money.com: Best Places to Live
- Nursing Home Compare
- Ohio Consumers’ Counsel
- Ohio Dept. of Insurance - Consumer Publications
- Ohio Franklin County Auditor's Home Page
- Ohio Rental Housing Locator
- Popular Mechanics Automotive
- Salary Calculator Form - State Lookup
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission