The Spring 2015 Program Guide is out. Available for download right here or for pickup at your library.
Blekko Slashtags contain a list of websites - picked by our reference librarians - and when you search with a slashtag, you only search those sites.
All Available Subject Guides
Whether it's making a big purchase, planning to relocate your family, trying to make those major house or car repairs on your own, or just getting control of your finances, it's important to know where to look for information. These Consumer Education resources can help you get started.
The following are part of the Upper Arlington Public Library's premium resources. Unless you are in one of our library locations, you will need your library card number and PIN in order to access them. Please note: Links to our databases open in a new window or tab in your browser.
ConsumerReports.org - Provides full access to the Consumer Reports website for product ratings and buying advice, plus exclusive online content such as new product evaluations, consumer reviews and much more.
These sources are located in the Reference Room of the Tremont Branch of UAPL , and are for use in the library only.
- Cost of Living Index
- Best's Insurance - Life/Health
- Best's Insurance - Property/Casualty
- Consumer Reports Money Advisor
- Consumers Digest Magazine - Find at the Reference Desk of the Main Library
- Federal Tax Guide
- NADA Official Used Car Prices and NADA Older Used Car Prices - Find at the Reference Desk of the Main Library
- Old Cars Report Price Guide
Some current issues of the following magazine and journal titles are available for checking out, while in some cases older issues may be accessed at the Main Library's Reference Department. Follow the links to the catalog or see a librarian for more information:
These recommended websites are chosen by a Reference Librarian as reliable sources of information for consumers:
- AARP WebPage
- BankRate Monitor - Home
- Better Business Bureau Web Server
- Charity Navigator
- CNET.com - Welcome to CNET!
- Consumer Information Center - Pueblo, CO
- Consumer Search
- Consumer World
- Edmund's Automobile Buyer's Guides
- Federal Trade Commission Home Page
- Food and Drug Administration
- Fuel Economy
- Instant Insurance Quotes
- Kelley Blue Book
- money.com: Best Places to Live
- Nursing Home Compare
- Ohio Consumers’ Counsel
- Ohio Dept. of Insurance - Consumer Publications
- Ohio Franklin County Auditor's Home Page
- Ohio Rental Housing Locator
- Popular Mechanics Automotive
- Salary Calculator Form - State Lookup
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission