Weather got you down? You’ve got some options to help you suffer through the snow and cold until spring.
Flee to somewhere warmer:
- Check out the Reference Department's Travel Guide, to find great resources like Tripadvisor, the BBB, and more!
- Learn some of the local language with Mango Languages
- Visit Consumer Reports’ Airline Travel Buying Guide
- If you’re leaving the country, look at the resources at the State Department - register for the STEPS program for international travelers, and check for travel warnings before you go
Can’t leave? There’s a lot going on in Columbus:
- Brave the cold at the Franklin Park Conservatory to see the Bruce Munro Light Exhibit from 5- 11PM, Wednesday through Saturday until March 30
- Go to a Blue Jackets game!
- Visit COSI - the International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes starts February 8
- Check out Experience Columbus to find local events each weekend
- Come to an event at UAPL: take a look at our events calendar
Don’t even want to leave the house?
- Take up a new hobby with the Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- Try out some of the recipes from the UA Recipe Collection
- Catch up on your movie watching: search Videohound to find movies that were based on books, comics, or cartoons, and find any kind of genre film. Robot movies, anyone?
- Use NoveList Plus to find new books so you can stay inside reading until spring
- Watch the Super Bowl and the Winter Olympics on TV
Remember to enter your library card number to access UAPL’s premium resources.
Penguins in Antarctica image by Peter Rejcek / National Science Foundation