St. Patrick’s Day isn’t just for the Irish - so wear some green and celebrate! The Reference Department has many books on holidays and festivals, with lore and history on customs and practices. Learn more about any holiday, or any day, with these resources:
- Chase’s Calendar of Events
- Manners, Customs, and Observances
- Celebrations; the Complete Book of American Holidays
- Holiday Symbols and Customs
- Folklore of American Holidays
And if you’re a fan, be sure to enjoy some corned beef and cabbage - you can access St. Patrick’s Day recipes by Betty Rosbottom, formerly of Upper Arlington, and other local chefs with the Columbus Dispatch Archives (remember to enter your library card number).
Image from NYPL Digital Gallery