You may be searching for health information, but are overwhelmed by the vast number of health websites available online. It can be difficult to determine which information is reliable and which might be biased or inaccurate. If you’re facing this problem, we encourage you to check out our health-related reference databases available on our website. We have several to choose from and they cover a wide range of topics:
- Consumer Health Complete allows you to access reports, encyclopedias, magazine articles, and fact sheets. You can search for specific words or phrases, or browse through topics such as Pregnancy, Children's Health, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Medications, and Surgeries & Procedures.
- MEDLINE was created by the National Library of Medicine and allows you to search information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- Alt Health Watch gives you access to recent journals, books, and newspaper articles available through EbscoHost. It provides perspectives on complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness.
We also have several Gale Encyclopedias available online that cover various health and fitness topics. Among these are:
- Gale Encyclopedia of Children's Health
- Gale Encyclopedia of Diets: A Guide to Nutrition and Health
- Gale Encyclopedia of Fitness
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
- Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health
- Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests
Please remember these databases are not a substitute for a visit to your doctor, but they are a great place to educate yourself and to find questions to take with you on your visit.