The mumps and measles outbreak that has spread throughout Central Ohio since February has opened a discussion about the risks, benefits and efficacy of childhood immunization. The articles below provide evidence and arguments to inform that debate. Please enter your library card number and PIN to access UAPL's premium resources.
- Alt Healthwatch – “Hidden in Plain Sight: Vaccines as a Major Risk Factor for Chronic Disease” - click on the “PDF Full Text” link in the upper left hand corner to read the entire article.
- USA Today Magazine – “To Vaccinate or Not”, Erin Holsinger, 2012
- Immunization Schedules for Children, Teens and Adults
- Vaccine Safety
- Daily Update - Franklin County Department of Health
Pros and Cons
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – “Mandatory Vaccinations with Few Exceptions Are Necessary for Public Health”
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – “There is Evidence that Vaccines Promote, Rather than Eradicate, Disease”
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – “Many Deadly Vaccines Would Return If We Stopped Vaccinations”
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – “Infectious Diseases”
- Points of View Reference Center - “Vaccines and Health Hazards, an Overview”
- The Vaccine War; Science and Skepticism Behind the Vaccine War – PBS - DVD – 2010
- 100 Questions & Answers about Childhood Immunizations by Belthorn, Thomas K., 2009.
- Immunizations and Infectious Diseases: an Informed Parent's Guide edited by Fisher, Margaret C., American Academy of Pediatric Immunizations and Infectious Diseases, 2006.