- Find People: Get directory information for a resident in the US, or create mailing lists for things like reunions, block parties, or Christmas cards.
- Look for a Job: Search for employment opportunities, create lists of businesses that satisfy a criteria, learn about a business before an interview, and more.
- Do research for your own business: Create mailing lists, find sales leads, perform market research, investigate competition, and more.
- Locate a doctor or dentist: Find health professionals by specialty, location, state of license and more.
Searches the contents of several databases at once, for scholarly and general coverage of business, consumer, education, health, and science information.
Wondering where to start to find good sources for elementary, middle, or high school projects and assignments? Try one of these new resources, now available through UAPL’s Reference Databases page:
Explora is an interface that offers simple searches of a collection of magazine and newspaper articles, essays, and primary sources, appropriate for homework and covering every school subject. Each profile will search sources at the appropriate school level. There is also an Explora geared toward adult researchers and college students with the same simple-search features.
In addition to being easy to use, you can also access Explora on a mobile device, get topic ideas and suggestions, create a profile and save your research, get citation help, and many other useful features.
These Explora resources improve on and replace Searchasaurus, Kid’s Search, and Student Research Center, which have been discontinued.
Try it today! And keep Explora in mind for future school assignments.
Provides a comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
Contains listings from the Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media for radio stations, television stations, and cable companies, including those from the United States and Canada, and listings from the Encyclopedia of Associations for national organizations in the United States.
- CIA World Factbook
- Classification - Plants and Animals
- Country Studies
- Information Please Home Page
- INTELLICAST: Local Weather
- Internet Public Library
- License Center - Ohio
- PLANTS Database
- refdesk.com - Reference Best Sources for Facts on the 'Net
- Science Fair Project Database Main Search
- Stain Removal Solutions
- Swissinfo - Worldtime
- United Nations - UNData
- The Weather Channel
- The Weather Underground
- Wolfram Alpha
- World Time Server