Contains regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. Includes some international coverage.
Did you know you don’t always have to go to the library to look up reliable and authoritative information in reference books?
Whether you are working on a school project or research paper, have a bet with a friend over a fact, or just want to satisfy your curiosity about a topic, UAPL card holders can get online access to a variety of encyclopedia titles covering science, history, business, medicine, culture and much more. You can even use your mobile device when you’re on the go!
An example of just a few titles that are available include:
- Disasters and Tragic Events: An Encyclopedia of Catastrophes in American History
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance
- Encyclopedia of the Mind
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
- …and much more!
See a full list of all the reference eBook titles by going to Gale Virtual Reference Library, or download the Access My Library app (iOS | Android) on your mobile device, and choose UAPL as your local library. You can also access individual eBooks through the UAPL Databases page.
Provides financial information, including current and historical market and financial data, analyst commentaries, price projections, analytical tools, and more. In-Library use only
- Find People: Get directory information for a resident in the US, or create mailing lists for things like reunions, block parties, or Christmas cards.
- Look for a Job: Search for employment opportunities, create lists of businesses that satisfy a criteria, learn about a business before an interview, and more.
- Do research for your own business: Create mailing lists, find sales leads, perform market research, investigate competition, and more.
- Locate a doctor or dentist: Find health professionals by specialty, location, state of license and more.
Offers financial strength ratings on banks, credit unions, insurance companies, mutual funds and stocks, including Weiss Ratings and TheStreet Ratings.
Did you know you can research and print reports and recommendations on stocks, mutual funds and other investments from home, any time of day?
The library subscribes to two investment databases that our patrons can access anywhere with an internet connection. Just enter your UAPL card number and PIN, and you're in!
Morningstar Investment Research Center and Weiss Financial Ratings Online both provide comprehensive financial information and independent analysis on stocks and mutual funds to help investors make informed decisions. Wiess also covers other aspects of your financial life with their ratings of banks, credit unions and insurance companies.
Try them today! Feel free to contact the Reference Department at 614-486-3342 or at email@example.com for any questions about using any of our subscription databases and reference e-books. For more information on doing investment research and to see what the library has available to you on this subject, take a look at our Investments Subject Guide.
Contains directory information on businesses and households in the United States and Canada, as well as physicians and dentists. Includes jobs and internships. This database has many of the same functions as AtoZdatabases, our other directory database.
Contains listings from the Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media for radio stations, television stations, and cable companies, including those from the United States and Canada, and listings from the Encyclopedia of Associations for national organizations in the United States.