Come join our busy Lane Road branch! We are seeking a Shelver to organize and shelve library materials. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys working around young children, as much of your time will be spent shelving in the Youth Department.
Please refer to the job description and schedule below for more details about this opportunity.
Responsible for sorting and shelving materials and maintaining an ordered and neat appearance to library shelves and public areas.
- Sorts, organizes and shelves library materials.
- Shelf-reads assigned areas and re-shelves out of place items.
- Empties book drops and organizes materials.
- Identifies materials in need of repair/replacement and takes appropriate action.
- Conducts item searches as assigned.
- Instructs patrons in the use of library facilities and services as requested and directs patrons to appropriate staff members as needed.
- Serves on library committees as assigned.
- Follows library safety and emergency procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues to supervisor and/or Facilities personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with library policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to sort and shelve materials alphabetically and numerically.
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to read and understand English language and numbers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or current high school enrollment required.
- Must be 16 years or older.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, lifting weights up to 20 pounds, and pushing full book carts.
- Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions.
Part-time; Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 6-9 pm and Saturdays 2-5 pm
$ 8.00 per hour minimum starting rate of pay
If you do not have an updated resume, you may download and print an employment application. Completed applications can be dropped off or mailed to any of our UAPL library locations.