Hear stories and make crafts all about the Tooth Fairy on Saturday, March 7 at 10:30 a.m. at the Main Library. For ages 5-8. Register through our online program calendar.
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla, patrons now have access to thousands of titles in video, music, and audiobook formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Learn more about Hoopla, check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Upcoming Program & Event Highlights
Registration is open for Getting Started on Your Family History with Jayne Davis from the Franklin County Genealogical & Historical Society at the Lane Road Library. Part 1 will be held on Thursday, March 5 at 7 p.m.; Part 2 is on Thursday, March 19. These programs will also help prepare you for the One on One Meeting with a Genealogist program on Saturday, March 21. Sign up through our online program calendar.
News and Announcements
This month the UAPL is participating in the Big Library Read. It’s your chance to introduce your kids to the world of eBooks with a title guaranteed to be available for download. Nancy Clancy: Super Sleuth by Jane O’Connor is the selected title. Unlimited copies of the eBook version are available from the Digital Downloads area of our website. You’re also invited to take part in a chapter-by-chapter online discussion of the book on our Youth and Teen Services Goodreads page. See our Media Services staff for more information on the Big Library Read program, or for help in downloading the featured title or any eBook.
- Find People: Get directory information for a resident in the US, or create mailing lists for things like reunions, block parties, or Christmas cards.
- Look for a Job: Search for employment opportunities, create lists of businesses that satisfy a criteria, learn about a business before an interview, and more.
- Do research for your own business: Create mailing lists, find sales leads, perform market research, investigate competition, and more.
- Locate a doctor or dentist: Find health professionals by specialty, location, state of license and more.
Our Librarians Just Posted
- Half-Resurrection Blues, by Daniel José Older Created by Caitlin in Adult Services
- In Like A Penguin Created by Bonnie in Adult Services
- When Books Went To War: The Stories That Helped Us Win... Created by Caitlin in Adult Services
- College is Calling Created by Katie in Youth Services
- Juvenile Fiction Selection: Beth's Story, 1914 by Adele Whitby Created by Dana in Youth Services
- Sci-Fi Pick for Teens: The Lazarus Machine Created by Stephanie in Youth Services
Focused on a specific topic, our subject guides can help you discover the resources you need.
It's tax season, and the UAPL is here to make it as smooth as possible for everyone. While library staff cannot give out tax advice or answer... Read more
The theme for the 2015 National Women’s History Month is, “Weaving the Stories of Women's Lives.” Read more