We have partnered across central Ohio to give you access to so much more.
On April 9, the Upper Arlington Public Library (UAPL) will become a member of the Central Library Consortium (CLC). While continuing to serve the community as an independent library, the UAPL will partner with 13 other central Ohio libraries to offer patrons access to over 4 million items. Other benefits include a new catalog with improved account and search functionality, and the ability to pay fines online.
What is the CLC
The Central Library Consortium (CLC) is a group of libraries in central Ohio that share resources.
Founded in 1988 with four libraries, the CLC will have 14 members in April 2014 and will provide patrons access to more than 4 million items. The 14 members include:
- Alexandria Public Library
- Bexley Public Library
- Columbus Metropolitan Libraries
- Fairfield County District Library
- Grandview Heights Public Library
- London Public Library
- Marysville Public Library
- Pickaway County District Public Library
- Pickerington Public Library
- Plain City Public Library
- Southwest Public Libraries
- Upper Arlington Public Library
- Wagnalls Memorial Public Library
- Worthington Public Libraries
- Patrons will have access to materials via a shared catalog of the 14 member libraries.
- Joining the CLC will give UAPL patrons access to over 4 million items (10 times more than our current collection).
- The UAPL will remain an independent system and you must use your UAPL library card to check out items from our library.
- We will use a new catalog system that provides an easier search experience and greater functionality than our current system. New features include saved searches, borrowing history and integrated book suggestions.
- Fines can be paid online with a credit card in the new system.
- You can request that items from other library systems be delivered to UAPL for you to pick up and return.
- You can return items checked out from UAPL at any CLC member library.
The new shared catalog with all of its functions and the cooperative lending will be available to you starting on April 9, 2014. However, we are currently in the process of preparing for this transition.
There will be a short period during the transition where we will have limited access to our catalog and patron information. Some services will not be available from April 3 at 9:00 p.m, until April 9, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
For details please see our “FAQ Sheet” (PDF - 88KB)
Download all documents
(FAQ, Fact Sheet, and Press Release) (ZIP - 260KB)