As of January 1st, 2017, the Upper Arlington Public Library will no longer offer the Freegal Music service. You will have access to digital music albums through streaming services such as Hoopla and Listen Columbus. Hoopla offers access to hundreds of thousands of music albums by your favorite artists in all genres, and Listen Columbus provides access to the music of the talented artists in Central Ohio. In addition, Patrons will still have access to over 15,000 albums through our extensive music CD collection. Please direct your questions to Media Services.
Don't Lose Your Songs from Freegal!
Here are a couple of tips to make sure you don't lose your songs from Freegal Music.
How do I backup Freegal Music from my iOS mobile device into iTunes?
- Plug your iOS device into your computer.
- Open up iTunes, choose “Devices” and click on the device you have plugged into your computer.
- Select “Apps.” from the list displayed on top of the screen
- Scroll down to File Sharing and select the Freegal app.
- You will see a folder in the right side box that contains the music downloaded from the app.
- Drag the file to your desktop to save the music to your desktop.
- From your desktop you can add this music to your iTunes library by dragging and dropping each song song into iTunes.
How do I back up Freegal Music from my IOS device to iCloud?
Your iOS device must be on WiFi.
- Select Settings
- Select iCloud
- Click Storage & Backup - it will automatically back up your Freegal Music app along with your other content.
More information is available on the Freegal support site under “Mobile Apps”.
How do I backup music downloaded/accessed through Freegal app on Android devices
Music needs to be transferred to a computer or to another file in order to be permanently retained. Freegal provides instructions here: “How do I get music off my Android device onto my computer?”