With at least another month of summer weather left, here are some ideas of ways to cool off when the temperatures rise:
- Make homemade ice cream with recipes from Real Simple.
- Check out a summer blockbuster in an air-conditioned movie theater.
- Consider ratings on some room air conditioners on UAPL's subscription to ConsumerReports.org (need a UAPL library card number to access this site).
- Splash around the popular Scioto Mile Fountain
- Pick a “cool” book for you summer reading. Here are some suggestions (click on the title to check availability at the library): Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin; Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak; Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey; Cold: Adventure in the World's Frozen Places by Bill Streever.