It's time again to start thinking about school! Upper Arlington students start back on Tuesday, August 20, and many other schools and colleges also start around that time. Here are some useful and fun resources to help parents and kids get ready to go back to school:
- Upper Arlington City Schools website - Whether you need bus schedules, lunch menus, teachers' contact information and more, everything you would want to know about the local schools is right at your fingertips!
- For those with children attending private schools in UA, here are the links for you: The Wellington School; St. Andrew School; St. Agatha; St. Timothy.
- Back to School Safety - The National Safety Council offers great advice to keep your kids or teens safe this school year.
- First-day Advice from KidsHealth.org - For the younger kids, the first day of school can be exciting, scary or nerve-wracking! This site offers great advice to deal with the feelings associated with that first day.
- Homework Resources - Bookmark this page, and have your library card number handy to access trustworthy online resources provided by UAPL that can be useful for studying and homework throughout the school year.
- ConsumerReports.org - For older students and those going off to college, it may be time to invest in new electronics or small appliances (like laptops or coffee makers) for the home or dorm room. Access this online resource with your UAPL card number to read product reviews and buying guides on a variety of products.
- Norwester Yearbooks at the UA Archives - If your family has lived in Upper Arlington for a generation or more, or even if you are just curious about the history of the UA High School and its students and teachers, it is a lot of fun to browse through the old yearbooks online. See how much has changed from 1923 through 2000!