Any full-time or part-time teacher living or working in Upper Arlington can apply. This privilege extends to homeschoolers and those teaching in a public, private or parochial school. Teachers will not pay overdue fines but are still responsible for the replacement cost of any lost or damaged items.
- 28 day books and books on CD circulate for 6 weeks with a 4 week renewal
- CDs circulate for 6 weeks with a 4 week renewal
- DVDs circulate for 14 days with a 7 day renewal
Stop by any UAPL location to apply. Please bring proof of teaching employment, such as a recent pay stub, or approval letter from school district for current homeschooling year.
The teacher card is to be used for classroom items only.
Our experienced youth staff would like to help you find materials for your classroom. In order to serve you better, please note the following guidelines:
- Teacher collections are available only to patrons with teacher cards.
- Staff require 5 business days to gather your materials.
- A pick-up date will be established when ordering the collection. The default will be the 5th business day after your request.
- Requests may be placed up to two weeks in advance.
- We will hold your completed collection for 3 business days in the Circulation Department; unclaimed items will be returned to the library shelves.
- You may place one collection at a time, and as soon as the first is picked up we can start working on another.
- Any number of subjects may be requested for a collection, but the total number of books in a collection will be 30 books or less.
- We would be happy to include up to 5 specific titles.
- Seasonal/Holiday items are limited to 5 items and are subject to availability.
- Online Teacher Collection requests are available at Lane and Tremont only.
Book Discussion Bags
Ask about our selection of Book Discussion Bags. Each bag contains nine or ten copies of the discussion title. Many include discussion questions and extension ideas. We have titles for grades 2-5, middle school and high school, as well as adults. See collection of book discussion bags in our catalog.
Discovery Kits are perfect for preschool and early elementary classrooms. Each themed box contains five books and a variety of music, extension activities, games, and more. Some sample themes are dental health, Ohio, colors, transportation and ecology. Find Discovery Kits in our catalog.
Our Tremont Youth Services has a special collection of materials just for educators! Among this collection you can find Preschool and early elementary curriculum resources and subject-specific resources for all grade levels.
With your library card, you have access to a variety of resources that can assist you with lesson planning and student research needs.
- Novelist K-8 Plus can help you search for books by lexile, genre, and interest level. Don't have time to read them all? Print book talks and book lists.
- LearningExpress Library is a great place to send students for test preparation. Individual accounts help students track their progress. Includes tests like the ACT, SAT, AP exams (and Praxis prep for teachers!)
- CultureGrams has a wealth of knowledge for geography/cross-cultural studies.
- Gale Biography in Context can help students find information on more contemporary or lesser known subjects.
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context and Pop Culture Universe are great starting points for current events.
- BookFlix and Tumblebook Library are perfect places for young students to practice their reading skills and comprehension. Students can read picture books and/or have the computer read to them. Many BookFlix titles have comprehension questions or activities available.
Take a few minutes and browse through our subject headings at the top of the database page. We are sure you will find many other resources that can be of use to you and your students.
The library has a wide variety of FREE downloadable ebooks and audio books for most electronic devices. Visit our Digital Downloads site or call our Media Services department for more details.