Contains directory information on businesses and households in the United States and Canada, as well as physicians and dentists. Includes jobs and internships. This database has many of the same functions as AtoZdatabases, our other directory database.
Students, do you feel overwhelmed trying to find appropriate sources for your projects and homework? Then the UAHS Student Portal is for you!
The UAPL Reference Librarians have narrowed down our extensive list of resources and organized them by categories that are relevant to high school students.
Easily discover databases and eBooks with information from encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, professional journals and other sources appropriate for school work. Many of these resources even tell you how to cite what you found! Best of all, they are all available any time of day.
You will need your UA library card number and PIN to access the valuable resources found through the UAHS Student Portal. And don’t forget, you can always contact a Reference Librarian by phone, text, email, or in person for assistance in using our databases and eBooks.
Did you know you don’t always have to go to the library to look up reliable and authoritative information in reference books?
Whether you are working on a school project or research paper, have a bet with a friend over a fact, or just want to satisfy your curiosity about a topic, UAPL card holders can get online access to a variety of encyclopedia titles covering science, history, business, medicine, culture and much more. You can even use your mobile device when you’re on the go!
An example of just a few titles that are available include:
- Disasters and Tragic Events: An Encyclopedia of Catastrophes in American History
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance
- Encyclopedia of the Mind
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
- …and much more!
See a full list of all the reference eBook titles by going to Gale Virtual Reference Library, or download the Access My Library app (iOS | Android) on your mobile device, and choose UAPL as your local library. You can also access individual eBooks through the UAPL Databases page.
- Find People: Get directory information for a resident in the US, or create mailing lists for things like reunions, block parties, or Christmas cards.
- Look for a Job: Search for employment opportunities, create lists of businesses that satisfy a criteria, learn about a business before an interview, and more.
- Do research for your own business: Create mailing lists, find sales leads, perform market research, investigate competition, and more.
- Locate a doctor or dentist: Find health professionals by specialty, location, state of license and more.
Searches the contents of several databases at once, so middle and high school students can find information and primary source documents on topics including language arts, business, careers, technology, science, math, and more.
Searches the contents of several databases at once, for scholarly and general coverage of business, consumer, education, health, and science information.