Presents current, comprehensive statistical information and other essential data on the top cities with populations greater than 95,000 that have been cited as the best for business and living in the United States.
Offers step by step maintenance and repair instructions for small engines and their supporting components, including engines from motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, lawn mowers, snow blowers, generators, and more.
Did you know you don’t always have to go to the library to look up reliable and authoritative information in reference books?
Whether you are working on a school project or research paper, have a bet with a friend over a fact, or just want to satisfy your curiosity about a topic, UAPL card holders can get online access to a variety of encyclopedia titles covering science, history, business, medicine, culture and much more. You can even use your mobile device when you’re on the go!
An example of just a few titles that are available include:
- Disasters and Tragic Events: An Encyclopedia of Catastrophes in American History
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance
- Encyclopedia of the Mind
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
- …and much more!
See a full list of all the reference eBook titles by going to Gale Virtual Reference Library, or download the Access My Library app (iOS | Android) on your mobile device, and choose UAPL as your local library. You can also access individual eBooks through the UAPL Databases page.
Presents concise statistical profiles of the top U.S. cities with populations between 25,000 and 125,000. They are ranked by several variables, including population growth, median income, unemployment rate, and crime rate.
- Find People: Get directory information for a resident in the US, or create mailing lists for things like reunions, block parties, or Christmas cards.
- Look for a Job: Search for employment opportunities, create lists of businesses that satisfy a criteria, learn about a business before an interview, and more.
- Do research for your own business: Create mailing lists, find sales leads, perform market research, investigate competition, and more.
- Locate a doctor or dentist: Find health professionals by specialty, location, state of license and more.
Contains repair and recall information, technical service bulletins, drawings, photographs, and diagrams of automobiles from most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles. All content is created by ASE certified technicians.
Provides directory information on businesses, households, and healthcare professionals in the United States. Includes a job search, detailed maps, business email addresses, and much more.
Change the air filter in your car. Do some maintenance on the push mower. Brew your favorite kind of beer. Repair the leaky kitchen faucet. Do you ever feel like you should learn to take on these kinds of tasks, rather than pay someone else to do them for you? The library subscribes to four great resources that will help empower you to do just that!
The Do-It-Yourself resources included in UAPL’s online databases include:
- Home Repair Reference Center
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
These databases have extensive information from manuals, books, magazines, and journals, with full text and images, so instructions are clear and easy to follow.
Get ready to save some money and impress your friends with your self-sufficiency skills when you start using our do-it-yourself resources!
Contains repair and recall information, technical service bulletins, drawings, photographs, and diagrams of automobiles from most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles in a clear, easy to use format.