Spend an afternoon at the opera with Christopher Purdy, Classical 101 Host & Producer, on Sunday, February 1 at 2 p.m. We'll present a showing of Puccini's Turandot. Set in China and performed in Italian, it's a classic work that has been a favorite of opera lovers for generations.
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla, patrons now have access to thousands of titles in video, music, and audiobook formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Learn more about Hoopla, check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Upcoming Program & Event Highlights
On Saturday, January 31 at 10:30 a.m. at the Main Library, preschoolers can enjoy stories, activities and a craft to celebrate our feathered friends — the birds we see in winter.
Our Live at the Library concert series continues on Thursday, January 29 at 7 p.m. with a performance by The Ramshacklers. Their music draws from R&B, soul and American rock and has made these bands staples of the Columbus music scene. If you love the blues and soul music of the 60's and 70's, you won't want to miss this show.
Preschool Storytime Class —
Jan 28, 10:15 AM Tremont Road - Main Library
Tales for Twos and Threes Class —
Jan 28, 10:15 AM Lane Road Branch Library
Stories & Songs —
Jan 28, 10:15 AM Miller Park Branch Library
Babytime Class —
Jan 28, 11:15 AM Lane Road Branch Library
Jan 28, 11:15 AM Miller Park Branch Library
Coding Club for Middle Schoolers —
Jan 28, 7:00 PM Tremont Road - Main Library
News and Announcements
The Main Library is in need of adult and teen volunteers to help us keep up with the demand for library materials. Assignments include shelving returned items, checking shelves to make sure items are in proper order, and locating and collecting materials that have been requested (think library scavenger hunt!). Whether you are looking for a long-term volunteer assignment or fulfilling your school service hour requirement, we'd love to hear from you. The hours are flexible! Information and applications are available at http:// volunteer.ualibrary.org.
- Find People: Get directory information for a resident in the US, or create mailing lists for things like reunions, block parties, or Christmas cards.
- Look for a Job: Search for employment opportunities, create lists of businesses that satisfy a criteria, learn about a business before an interview, and more.
- Do research for your own business: Create mailing lists, find sales leads, perform market research, investigate competition, and more.
- Locate a doctor or dentist: Find health professionals by specialty, location, state of license and more.
For those of you who use ReferenceUSA, UAPL’s other directory and business resource, click here the find out some of the advantages of AtoZdatabases, and to get the opportunity to express your opinion on our new resource.
Our Librarians Just Posted
- The Blue Jackets Pregame Show: The Columbus Chill Created by Bonnie in Adult Services
- 2015 Edgar Awards Nominees Created by Bonnie in Adult Services
- A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal, by... Created by Caitlin in Adult Services
- Love Reference USA? Try AtoZdatabases and Take Our Survey! Created by Megan in Reference Services
- Who's Who of Women Computer Pioneers Created by Laura in Reference Services
- Winter Workouts Created by Laura in Reference Services
Focused on a specific topic, our subject guides can help you discover the resources you need.
It's tax season, and the UAPL is here to make it as smooth as possible for everyone. While library staff cannot give out tax advice or answer... Read more
Get resources to help you stay safe, warm and entertained the rest of the season! Read more