Harold Fyre is retired, henpecked, and indifferent to life. Then he receives a letter from a elderly friend who is dying. Rather than mail her correspondence Harold decides to walk 600 miles to deliver his message in person. His trek is peppered with fascinating characters who help unlock Harold's buried spirit and renew his sense of life.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists