The themes of Gold are love, sacrifice and choices - on an Olympic scale. The author takes on track cycling, one of the toughest of the cycling venues. He wrote this a year before the London Olympics, so it has a very current vibe. The two main characters are Zoe and Kate, competitive cyclists preparing for the Olympics. The underlying story, involves Sophie who has leukemia, the daughter of Kate. Gold is a terrific read for sports enthusiasts who enjoy competitive events.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists