Detective Finn MacLeod has been sent to the Isle of Lewis in the Scottish Outer Hebrides as a consultant to a grim murder that has the same MO as one that was committed in Edinburgh a short while ago. Having been raised on the Isle of Lewis, he is familiar with the Gaelic language, traditions, as well as, the locals and their haunts. Quickly he is at odds with the Detective Chief Inspector who is the lead investigator and he becomes enmeshed in the case which opens forgotten memories and old wounds that could destroy him. Peter May, a Scott, has written a well-crafted, dangerous, and dark mystery for those who like their reads psychologically twisted and deadly. The Black House is the first title in the Isle of Lewis trilogy.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists