We offer free delivery of library materials to persons who live within our service area and are physically unable to visit the library.
Library volunteers deliver to residents in their homes, care centers and retirement communities. Any of our circulating materials are available for delivery, including:
- Large Print Books
- DVD Movies
- Audio Books
- Music CDs
In addition to the above, we also offer book recommendations, reference services and applications for the Talking Book Program through Ohio Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled and the State Library of Ohio.
You qualify for Outreach Services if
- You are unable to come to the Library due to illness, disability, low vision or non-driver status (senior). We are also able to arrange for temporary outreach service due to weather conditions, surgery recovery, illness, etc.
- You must live within our service area: South of Bethel Rd, North of West Fifth Avenue, East of Riverside Drive and West of 315 [Google Map].
How it works
- Once you have submitted an application, our Outreach Librarian will contact you to discuss your reading preferences and schedule your first delivery.
- Deliveries are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We deliver to facilities once a month and personal residences every other week.
- The Outreach Librarian will select library materials for you based on your personal preferences. We will keep a record of your reading preferences and items delivered to you. This record is confidential and is only used to select items you will enjoy.
- We respect your preferences regarding content such as explicit sex, rough language or violence, but no censorship will be exercised when selecting items.
- On your scheduled delivery day, a library volunteer will deliver materials in a red library outreach bag to your doorstep. At the time of your next scheduled delivery, place the bag on your doorstep and we’ll replace it with your next delivery.
- Overdue fines are not charged to Outreach patrons, however you will be responsible for lost or damaged items.
For more information about the program, please contact: