News from Heaven by Jennifer Haigh follows a town Bakerston PA.; a coal-mining company town that went from booming prosperity to sharp decline. Beautiful writing though not too flowery, touching but not sappy, Haigh casts ordinary people into ten short stories you will not forget. Read more about it over at NYT Books.
- A Rainy Day Read
- On the High Seas
- Out of This World Nebula Awards
- A $20 Bill Makeover
- Ohioana Stories: History, Horror, and Buckeyes Behaving Badly
- Ohio Has a Poet Laureate? Ask the Author
- Gardening, it's that time of year!
- The Los Angeles Times Book Prizes are coming!
- Music Makers’ Memoirs
- Play Ball !!