If Tara French and Gillian Flynn went on vacation in England together to an amusement park (think English Jersey Shore) this would surely be the outcome. Two women who haven't seen each other since they committed a heinous crime together as children cross paths as adults when one, now a reporter, visits the other, an amusement park employee, to investigate the brutal murders that take place in the vacation town. If you're anything like me, you'll most likely peg the killer within the first third of the book, but be warned that things are definitely not what they seem. A perfect beach read for those in denial about the recent wintry weather or an equally creepy Halloween appropriate thriller.
- Shooting Victoria: Madness, Mayhem, and the Rebirth of the British Monarchy by Paul Thomas Murphy
- The Distance
- "A Light that Never Goes Out: the Enduring Saga of The Smiths" by Tony Fletcher
- @War: The Rise of the Military-Internet Complex, by Shane Harris
- "Shine Shine Shine" by Lydia Netzer
- "The Perks of Being a Wall Flower" by Stephen Chbodky
- Crazy Good: The True Story of Dan Patch, the Most Famous Horse in America by Charles Leerhsen
- Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening
- Wildalone, by Krassi Zourkova
- Pie School: Lessons in Fruit, Flour & Butter by Kate Lebo
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care by Angelo Volandes, M.D.
- "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye" by Rachel Joyce
- "The Dinner" by Herman Koch
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: A Memoir of Life in Death by Jean-Dominique Bauby, Jeremy Leggatt
- All Souls: A Family Story From Southie by Michael Patrick McDonald