News from Heaven by Jennifer Haigh follows a town Bakerston PA.; a coal-mining company town that went from booming prosperity to sharp decline. Beautiful writing though not too flowery, touching but not sappy, Haigh casts ordinary people into ten short stories you will not forget. Read more about it over at NYT Books.
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- Bookmarked - Review: "Bunker Hill: a city, a siege, a revolution" by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Best of 2013 Book Lists
- Valentine's Day Reads
- This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathon Tropper
- All Souls: A Family Story From Southie by Michael Patrick McDonald
- Vegetable Literacy by Deborah Madison
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Shine Shine Shine" by Lydia Netzer
- "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye" by Rachel Joyce
- "Born to run" By Christopher McDougall
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012