Certainly one of the most mysterious and fascinating artists of all time, Bosch was a Netherlandish painter of the early Renaissance.... more
Zinio Digital Newstand Platform offers you access to full digital copies of some of your favorite magazines. You can download and view these titles on your computer or mobile device. Learn more about using Zinio
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla, patrons now have access to thousands of titles in video, music, and audiobook formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Learn more about Hoopla, check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Connect with Your Librarians
Join our Adult Department's Goodreads Group: connect with your librarians and other Goodreads Group members to discuss and share book recommendations.
Our downloadable guides range from new release lists to “how to” instructions designed to help you with our collection.
Events for Adults
Come discuss the best books you haven’t heard of yet! August’s featured book is Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum. Join... more
Most novels require some research, whether you need to know which animals inhabit Mexico, which state routes existed in Ohio in the... more
The Adult Readers' Blog
Vacation, staycation, or even just a daycation? How about the French Riviera? Or as Audrey Hepburn says,” Paris is Always a good idea.” Here is an itinerary via new books and old movies:
- Find a place to stay: Villa America: A Novel by Liza Klaussmann Famed expats George and Sara Murphy's villa on the French Riviera will be available in August. Scott and Zelda are sure to drop by.
- Do some shopping: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel by Nina George is a charming diversion for booklovers or take in The Bird Market of Paris: A Memoir by Nikki Moustaki
- Sample the local cuisine: In a French Kitchen Tales and Traditions of Everday Home Cooking in France by Susan Herrmann Loomis or take a Picnic in Provence: A Memoir with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard
- Get a makeover: Try The French Beauty Solution: Time-Tested Secrets to Look and Feel Beautiful Inside and Out by Thomas Mathilde. Just take a look at what a little time in Paris did for Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina one of my favorite classic romantic films.
- Take in the nightlife: Catch up with Scott and Zelda again in Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris
- Plan to come back again soon: The Paris Style Guide: Shop, Eat, Sleep by Eliodie Rambaud
Wildalone, by Krassi Zourkova
Thea Slavin is a teenage Bulgarian piano prodigy. Following in her older sister’s footsteps, she wins a scholarship to Princeton University, where she intends to discover the truth about her sister's death—and the disappearance of her body—fifteen years ago. Her musical talent and her sister’s legacy soon draw her into romantic entanglements with two brothers: the enigmatic Jake and the passionate Rhys. But there’s more to both brothers—and to her sister’s death—than Thea first understands, and discovering the truth will challenge her understanding of life, death, and love. Greek mythology supplies the elements of fantasy in this novel of dark romance, making it perfect for fans of Deborah Harkness and Stephanie Meyer.
@War: The Rise of the Military-Internet Complex, by Shane Harris
America is at war—and so is Google, your bank, and America’s utility companies. At stake are financial data, military secrets, and innocent lives. Welcome to the strange and terrifying world of zero days, white hats, and hackbacks, where the NSA, internet security companies, major corporations, and foreign governments race to defend against swarms of botnets and ever-expanding worms. Shane Harris has written an absorbing account of the internet’s growing importance as not only the place where the world works, plays, and stores vital information, but the site of an ongoing covert war in which the lines between offense and defense are blurred—a war in which America does not have a clear advantage.
The Deepest Night by Kara Braden
When security contractor Ray Powell returns to the British Isle of Scilly after a hard mission, he expects to find comfort in staying at his grandmother's home. Instead, he discovers Michelle Cole: gorgeous, kind, funny–and helping out a friend who bought Ray's grandmother's house and turned it into a B&B. Though she's initially wary of the strange man on her doorstep, Michelle soon warms to the determined and sexy ex-Royal Marine. As Ray falls deeper in love, he must convince Michelle that's he's more than just a vacation fling, and Michelle must decide whether to set aside old betrayals–and learn to trust her heart.