Certainly one of the most mysterious and fascinating artists of all time, Bosch was a Netherlandish painter of the early Renaissance.... more
Zinio Digital Newstand Platform offers you access to full digital copies of some of your favorite magazines. You can download and view these titles on your computer or mobile device. Learn more about using Zinio
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla, patrons now have access to thousands of titles in video, music, and audiobook formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Learn more about Hoopla, check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Connect with Your Librarians
Join our Adult Department's Goodreads Group: connect with your librarians and other Goodreads Group members to discuss and share book recommendations.
Our downloadable guides range from new release lists to “how to” instructions designed to help you with our collection.
Events for Adults
Come discuss the best books you haven’t heard of yet! August’s featured book is Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum. Join... more
Most novels require some research, whether you need to know which animals inhabit Mexico, which state routes existed in Ohio in the... more
The Adult Readers' Blog
Vacation, staycation, or even just a daycation? How about the French Riviera? Or as Audrey Hepburn says,” Paris is Always a good idea.” Here is an itinerary via new books and old movies:
- Find a place to stay: Villa America: A Novel by Liza Klaussmann Famed expats George and Sara Murphy's villa on the French Riviera will be available in August. Scott and Zelda are sure to drop by.
- Do some shopping: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel by Nina George is a charming diversion for booklovers or take in The Bird Market of Paris: A Memoir by Nikki Moustaki
- Sample the local cuisine: In a French Kitchen Tales and Traditions of Everday Home Cooking in France by Susan Herrmann Loomis or take a Picnic in Provence: A Memoir with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard
- Get a makeover: Try The French Beauty Solution: Time-Tested Secrets to Look and Feel Beautiful Inside and Out by Thomas Mathilde. Just take a look at what a little time in Paris did for Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina one of my favorite classic romantic films.
- Take in the nightlife: Catch up with Scott and Zelda again in Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris
- Plan to come back again soon: The Paris Style Guide: Shop, Eat, Sleep by Eliodie Rambaud
Beads in Motion by Marcia DeCoster
I am a seed bead jewelry making fanatic. This book met my seed bead obsession on many levels. The majority of this book is made for the experienced beader but a creative newbie can find fun and intriguing patterns for their seed bead indulgence. There is an element of motion as a challenge to each beaded piece with excellent instructions and photos to support and fuel your creative confidence. A fun and beautifully illustrated book and I can’t decide which project to do first.
Shooting Victoria: Madness, Mayhem, and the Rebirth of the British Monarchy by Paul Thomas Murphy
Many historians have made the argument that without Victoria, the British monarchy would have fallen like so many others in the revolutions that swept Europe in 1840s. This text takes the interesting approach in analyzing history through the eight assassination attempts made on the Queen during her 64-year reign. To read about how a few madmen and criminals challenged Victoria and changed Britain, pick up this book about one of Britain’s favorite monarchs.
The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore
Hard for me not to adore this book! The book has strong female friends wading through their 50’s dealing with life's complex relationships while living in a unique town with an embracing community. It is honest, sad, and has a big serving of hope with redemption. I never eat at buffets, too much food for me, but if Earl's was in my neighborhood I would be vying for a seat.